Earlier this week, we talked about 6 things that can make your Tweets look unprofessional, but Twitter is not the only social media site out there, nor is it the only site that has certain “dos” and “don’ts” involved. Facebook, too has a some unwritten rules of engagement that businesses should keep in mind when using Facebook to [promote their social presence. Here are 5 Facebook faux pas to stay away from when promoting your business.
- Not keeping up with interactions. Don’t just make post or ask questions. Take the time to respond to the comments left. This is a valuable way to get to know your customers and build a rapport.
- Too many posts in a short period of time. People are busy and don’t have time to read every last item in their newsfeed, If you post numerous times a day, followers are most likely to block your post because they don’t have time to read all of them.
- Excessive CAPS or Punctuation. Using these elements implies higher importance. If everything you post is in UPPERCASE or filled with exclamation or question marks then people will not be able to recognize the truly interesting news from the everyday information.
- Talking at you customers, rather than to them. Releasing news of articles, recommendations and links does not encourage engagement. Without engagement, you have a mediocre, one-sided relationship.
- Disrespecting and denouncing competition. You don’t have to go out of your way to promote your competitor, but it is not necessary to talk down about them either. Remember, if you can’t say anything nice, say nothing at all.
There are many other things to avoid in using Facebook to promote your business. Be on the lookout for additional posts that share tips for making the most of your social media pages.
About the author
Founder and President of Chakery, Malcom Chakery fully understands the workings of web based business operations. His expertise in marketing, SEO, web design and development, makes Malcom qualified and successful in handling the day-to-day operations, sales and support of his clients. Malcom has a clear understanding of operational procedures, all aspects of website design, seo and promotional activities. As a stickler for detail, Chakery believes in providing greater than expected support, superior customer service and innovative programs that exceed customer expectations. To learn more about Chakery please visit www.chakery.com or call 1-855-CHAKERY